As a Hardware Validation Engineer, you would be responsible for providing support for data center related products focused on high-speed electrical and optical transceiver technology. This includes hands-on silicon test and debugging, product validation, Python programming, and system-level test of high speed Serdes, optical DSP, photonic interface such as trans-impedance amplifiers and drivers used in data communication systems over backplanes and optical fibers. Some of your responsibilities will include hands-on lab testing on various analog/mixed-signal silicon products and test chips, define and implement SERDES and optical DSP training algorithms over various copper and fiber channels, program test scripts to automate characterization of new designs, use test equipment to measure parametric and write application notes or detailed test reports.
- Attend technical reviews with design team on regular basis.
- Collaborate to develop test plans with multiple teams and disciplines.
- Participate in new product development and Python test scripts.
- Create internal documentation like validation reports, handling guidelines, and Application Notes with reference designs.
- Onsite debugging of functional and performance issues related to the products and test chips.
- Willingness to go above and beyond to resolve high priority issues.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or bachelor’s degree in computer engineering with 2 years’ experience in the semiconductor industry and demonstrated experience working with analog/mixed signal electronics, or fresh bachelor’s degree with minimum 3.7GPA, strong circuit fundamentals, and hands on lab experience.
- Knowledge of analog circuits such as op-amps, digital gates, signal processing.
- Knowledge of PCB design is a plus
- Team oriented with strong analytical skills, self-driven with desire to deliver beyond the scope of each job
- Skilled in organizational communications, project planning, and engineering teams.
- Skilled in Python, proficient in Excel, knowledge in C is a plus
- Skilled in developing automation test scripts for link-up, training and diagnostics is a plus
- Experience with high-speed test equipment (Scopes, BERTs, Spectrum Analyzers)
Pay Range: $115,000 - $130,000