As a System Applications Engineer, you would be responsible for providing support for data center related products focused on high speed transceiver technology. This includes hardware design, product validation, python programming, and system integration of high speed Serdes (CDR) into optical modules and system on chip (SOC) products for interconnect links and a wide variety of channels on boards, in systems, over copper backplanes, and over optical fibers. Some of your responsibilities will include define and implement SERDES training algorithms over various channels and backplanes, program test scripts to automate characterization of new designs, use test equipment to measure parametric and write application notes or detailed test reports.
Qualifications & Skills
- Knowledge of adaptive signal processing, coding, and FEC algorithms is a strong plus but not necessary.
- Team oriented with strong analytical skills, self-driven with desire to deliver beyond the scope of each job
- Skilled in organizational communications, project planning, and engineering teams.
- Skilled in Python with knowledge in C
- Skilled in developing automation test scripts for link-up, training and diagnostics is a plus
- Experience with high speed test equipment (Scopes, BERTs, Spectrum Analyzers)
- Attend technical reviews with design team on regular basis
- Collaborate to develop test plans with multiple teams and disciplines
- Participate in new product development and Python test scripts
- Create customer-facing documentation like handbooks and Application Notes with reference designs
- Onsite debugging of customer issues
- Willingness to go above and beyond to resolve high priority issues
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering with 2 years’ experience in the semiconductor industry and demonstrated experience working with high-speed digital and mixed signal electronics, including complex Analog and / or DSP solutions.
Pay Range: $90,000 - $102,000